Thursday 11 September 2008

Martin's Money Saving Tips

Hi folks, well today I felt I needed to remind you all again about a great site I've been using over the past couple of months. Martin Lewis' show "It pays to watch" sprang from his GMTV and Tonight slot and the following website http://www.moneysavingexpert.com. Not only does he show you how to budget, manage any debt and/or savings, but there's also a list of freebies you can claim, shopping vouchers, etc. Included is a special attachment particularly useful for teenagers, which enables them to manage their money responsibly, but also recognising that they "need" to be able to spend their money too. It's a very sensible and practical document which trains them in money matters. For parents and teachers, aunts and uncles, and anyone else who has contact with impressionable teens, this is a remarkable source of wisdom aimed at young adults, and put together with the help of young adults. It's possible to download and print this off for free which is part of Martin's gift really. To find it go to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/attachment/teen_cash_guide.pdf

I'm printing it off for my nephews, especially Wyatt and his girlfriend Megan, what with the safe arrival of Cole, and Wyatt's imminent departure into the army. I hope it will enable them to save wisely, and build a decent nest egg for themselves and the baby. I've yet to meet him, but hopefully that will be soon. I go to LL tonight for my weekly wi (but I've not been to the loo since last Tuesday, so I'm not expecting so much :( ), then tomorrow I have a three hour slot with my carer, followed by a trip to church to help set up (if I'm up to it by then - did waaaay too much yesterday) for the "New to You" event on Saturday, and of course Saturday itself - 10.00 - 12.00 noon. There is a likelihood that we will over-run because we have such a lot of good quality goods, thanks to many, many kind donations. It's a shock to be surprised and even overwhelmed by the generosity of people, when in actual fact we see it every day in small and sometimes big ways from ordinary people, even strangers :) GBU x

No comments: